March 2024 Savage Survival Weekend
Location: Southwest Arcadia, FL
When: Friday, March 22 - Sunday 24, 2024
Cost: $750 per person, $375 youth under 10
During this survival experience, we will teach you many invaluable survival skills like how to master primitive friction fire, traps, animal tracking/trapping, hunting techniques with archery and atlatl lessons. Learn how to prepare and cook wild game and also enjoy various game feasts, this and more all in one extended extra Savage weekend!
Details about our Savage Survival Weekend:
Duration: 2 nights, 3 days
Where: Southwest Arcadia, FL
(20 min from Punta Gorda airport, 1 hour from Fort Myers, 1.15 Sarasota, 1.40 Tampa airports)
*Price includes a $150 non-refundable deposit.
Have you ever wanted to venture to Florida to learn from survival experts Matt and Brooke Wright? This is an excellent opportunity for all ages and skill levels. Our goal is to help you learn in a primitive wilderness setting to elevate your confidence in any situation to become your own Savage Warrior. You will learn every aspect on what it takes to not only survive but thrive. At our Savage country you are likely to see resident Florida wildlife and also the opportunity to potentially forage or harvest your own food for our Friday feast. It doesn’t matter if you’re a novice or have years of outdoor experience, we have a spot for you to come join us at our Savage weekend in southwest Florida. You won't be naked, you might be afraid but the best adventure comes by stepping out of your comfort zone and into the wild.
Activities will include:
Outdoor safety, shelter selection/building, friction fire starting and fire building, wilderness navigation (map reading, compass use), wildlife track identification and tracking, plant identification (basic edible and medicinal plants), water sourcing and purification, knife use, primitive traps, cordage and weaving (making rope, knot tying), primitive fishing, traditional archery and atlatl target practice with a fun tournament.
- Length: 2 nights, 3 days
- Participants have the option to tent or hammock camp, RV’s/campers are welcome. If you're feeling adventurous, you can build and sleep in your own primitive shelter.
- Early Bird arrivals on Thursday late afternoon/evening are available for camp set up, no extra charge.
- Mastering Survival Friday - this is the day to learn the basics all the way up to advanced core survival skills. We'll kick this off with morning arrival check-in, meet-and-greet, overview and safety briefing, knife use, shelter basics and campsite selection, wildlife track identification and tracking, plant identification (basic edible and medicinal plants), friction fire, cooking instruction for participant prepped game dinner and bonfire social. This day will also include primitive fishing instruction followed by a fun fishing tournament with prizes!
- Warrior Spirit Saturday - Find out what it means to embrace your inner warrior spirit. The day will begin with breakfast, followed by learning to master primitive traps, cordage and weaving (making rope, knot tying). Put yourself to the test with a wilderness skills challenge with map reading and compass use. You will head into the wild with us to better display the core survival techniques you've learned. At the end of this, you will become a Warrior and there may even be some fun treasures along the way.
*Ultimate Beast Feast - a dinner curated in the most Savage way you would expect and know us best. This is no normal meal, this will be the most wild feast you'll be talking about for years. Followed by a bonfire, smores and storytelling.
- Savage Sunday - Put your skills to the test and unleash your Savage side. Even challenge the Savage himself! The day will begin with a hot breakfast, archery and atlatl instruction, hunting strategies, culminating with an action packed tournament/shootout on our 3D animal course with special prizes for everyone and ultimate bragging rights. Snack break and camp break down, check-out by 3pm.
Included in the Experience:
2 nights/3 days on our Savage ranch with beverages and meals included; you may bring your own alternatives to suit your dietary needs and back up provisions
- Basic outhouse and shower onsite; towels provided
- Savage mystery gift
- Instruction on various survival skills, wild game and fish processing, game cooking instruction, traditional archery and atlatl lessons
- Unforgettable epic lifetime experience!
What to bring for your survival experience: We don't want you to be Naked or Afraid so please bring clothes!
- We recommend bringing a knife, multi-tool pocket knife or hatchet for various activities. We will also have some knives and various tools available for everyone’s use if you prefer to not travel with those items.
- Breathable clothing, shorts, long shirts and pants, rain/light jacket, comfortable shoes, polarized sunglasses, hat (please dress for the season)
- Tent or hammock. If you plan to build your own primitive shelter to sleep in, you may want to bring your own mosquito net or tarp (one may be available and provided to you)
- Bug spray and sunscreen
- Camp chair
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Refillable water bottle
- *Battery/Power bank for your devices
*If you are bringing a camper or RV, please note we do not have power or water hook ups.
What if I'm a novice or inexperienced?
We love teaching students of all ages, skills and various backgrounds! So if it’s your first time camping or learning basic survival skills, we are happy to help you create those unforgettable moments during this experience and make you feel confidently empowered in the wild.
What is the minimum age for this event?
We’ve had students as young as 6 years old, so we fall back on the parent or guardian as you know your child’s abilities best. There is no upper age limit. There will be some walking during our adventures, however we always go at a slow and safe pace.
What if I can’t attend all three days, can I still sign up for one or two of those days?
Yes! We welcome anyone to sign up for a selected day(s) of your choice to learn those activities and skills that are set for the day. Email us TheExtremeInstinct@gmail.com for reduced pricing if you’re interested in this option.
What if I don't want to participate in all the activities, but want to attend to enjoy the food and social fun?
All are welcome! We offer discounted pricing for non-participants who wish to observe, lounge at our pond lodge or enjoy recreational activities like kayaking. Email us TheExtremeInstinct@gmail.com if you are interested in attending as a non-participant.
What if I’m flying or driving but I don’t have any camping gear?
We have some tents ands hammocks available - first come first served basis. Other gear may also be arranged.
Are there other options if I’m not comfortable camping overnight?
Yes, there pare plenty of hotel and other accommodations about 20 min. away in Port Charlotte or Punta Gorda.
I'm flying in from out of town. What about Transportation?
The nearest airport is Punta Gorda 20 mins away, 1 hour from Fort Myers, 1.15 Sarasota and 1.40 Tampa airports. All travel is on your own. It’s recommended to rent a car and drive from the airport to our location. Car services like Uber or Lyft aren’t always available from the airport to drive to our property.
Other Important Information:
Tips are not included in pricing but are greatly appreciated!