learn to survive the wild
Learn to not only survive extreme situations, but thrive in them. As expert survivalists Matt and Brooke Wright have a lifetime of dedication to the art of survival. Teaching survival and living it, Matt and Brooke have been featured multiple times on Discovery Channel's hit survival show NAKED AND AFRAID. Coined Mr. and Mrs. Savage, they've proven their ability to thrive.
With this combination of worldwide wilderness bushcraft and special operations training
you will learn all the skills necessary to be prepared.
learn the basics to advanced survival and feel more confident wherever your next adventure takes you.
Location: Varies. We are based out of Colorado and southwest Florida,
but can travel for group classes or private team building events.
please Email us fOR details and scheduling availability.
Learn fire, shelter, water purification and plant identification. Master primitive weapons and hunting.You will make and bring home a variety of primitive weapons such as the rock sling, atlatl, traps, snares and tools. Students will forage for food that include unique primitive meals that will be cooked and prepared by the students in the field. Feel comfortable in the wilderness and learn to not only survive, but thrive!
Our Colorado location is just outside of Denver. Stay the night in your own handmade palace on the mountain. Due to various fire bans throughout the year, our class locations will change to best suit the class. We also offer classes in southwest Florida through the spring and early summer months. Each class is set up to maximize your ability and level of experience. You will gain a lifetime of useful knowledge and appreciation for the wild.
March 2024 Savage Survival Weekend
When: Friday, March 22 - Sunday 24, 2024
Cost: $750 per person, $375 youth under 15
During this survival experience, we will teach you many invaluable survival skills like how to master primitive friction fire, traps, animal tracking/trapping, hunting techniques with archery and atlatl lessons. Learn how to prepare and cook wild game and also enjoy various game feasts, this and more all in one extended extra Savage weekend!
Details about our Savage Survival Weekend:
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
Where: Our Private Property in Southwest Arcadia, FL
(20 min from Punta Gorda airport, 1 hour from Fort Myers, 1.15 Sarasota, 1.40 Tampa airports)
Have you ever wanted to learn survival skills from experts Matt and Brooke Wright? This is an excellent opportunity for all ages and skill levels. Our goal is to help you learn in a primitive wilderness setting to elevate your confidence in any situation to become your own Savage Warrior. You will learn every aspect on what it takes to not only survive but thrive. At our Savage country you are likely to see resident Florida wildlife and also the opportunity to potentially forage or harvest your own food for our Friday feast. It doesn’t matter if you’re a novice or have years of outdoor experience, we have a spot for you to come join us at our Savage weekend in southwest Florida. You won't be naked, you might be afraid but the best adventure comes by stepping out of your comfort zone and into the wild.
Activities will include:
Outdoor safety, shelter selection/building, friction fire starting and fire building, wilderness navigation (map reading, compass use), wildlife track identification and tracking, plant identification (basic edible and medicinal plants), water sourcing and purification, knife use & safety, primitive traps, cordage and weaving (making rope, knot tying), primitive fishing, traditional archery and atlatl target practice with a fun tournament.
- Participants have the option to tent or hammock camp, RV’s/campers are welcome. If you're feeling adventurous, you can build and sleep in your own primitive shelter.
- Early Bird arrivals on Thursday late afternoon/evening are available for camp set up, no extra charge.
- Mastering Survival Friday - this is the day to learn the basics all the way up to advanced core survival skills. We'll kick this off with morning arrival check-in, meet-and-greet, overview and safety briefing, knife use, shelter basics and campsite selection, wildlife track identification and tracking, plant identification (basic edible and medicinal plants), friction fire, cooking instruction for participant prepped game dinner. This day will also include primitive fishing instruction followed by a fun fishing tournament with prizes! Bonfire social to end the evening.
- Warrior Spirit Saturday - Find out what it means to embrace your inner warrior spirit. The day will begin with breakfast, followed by learning to master primitive traps, cordage and weaving (making rope, knot tying). Put yourself to the test with a wilderness skills challenge with map reading and compass use. You will head into the wild with us to better display the core survival techniques you've learned. At the end of this, you will become a Warrior and there may even be some fun survival treasures along the way.
- Savage Sunday - Put your skills to the test and unleash your Savage side. Even challenge the Savage himself! The day will begin with a hot breakfast, archery and atlatl instruction, hunting strategies, culminating with an action packed tournament/shootout on our 3D animal course with special prizes for everyone and ultimate bragging rights. Snack break and camp break down, check-out by 3pm.
Included in the Experience:
3 days/2 nights on our Savage Ranch with beverages and meals included; you may bring your own alternatives to suit your dietary needs and back up provisions
- Basic outhouse and shower onsite; towels provided
- Savage mystery gift
- Instruction on various survival skills, use of all equipment, wild game and fish processing, game cooking instruction, traditional archery and atlatl lessons
- Unforgettable epic lifetime experience!
- What to bring for your survival experience: We don't want you to be Naked or Afraid so please bring clothes! We recommend bringing a knife, multi-tool pocket knife or hatchet for various activities. We will also have some knives and various tools available for everyone’s use if you prefer to not travel with those items.
- Breathable clothing, shorts, long shirts and pants, rain/light jacket, comfortable shoes, polarized sunglasses, hat (please dress for the season)
- Tent or hammock. If you plan to build your own primitive shelter to sleep in, you may want to bring your own mosquito net or tarp (one may be available and provided to you)
- Bug spray and sunscreen
- Camp chair
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Refillable water bottle
- *Battery/Power bank for your devices
What if I'm a novice or inexperienced?
We love teaching students of all ages, skills and various backgrounds! So if it’s your first time camping or learning basic survival skills, we are happy to help you create those unforgettable moments during this experience and make you feel confidently empowered in the wild.
What is the minimum age for this event?
We’ve had students as young as 6 years old, so we fall back on the parent or guardian as you know your child’s abilities best. There is no upper age limit. There will be some walking during our adventures, however we always go at a slow and safe pace.
What if I can’t attend all three days, can I still sign up for one or two of those days?
Yes! We welcome anyone to sign up for a selected day(s) of your choice to learn those activities and skills that are set for the day. Email us TheExtremeInstinct@gmail.com for reduced pricing if you’re interested in this option.
What if I don't want to participate in all the activities, but want to attend to enjoy the food and social fun?
All are welcome! We offer discounted pricing for non-participants who wish to observe, lounge at our pond lodge or enjoy recreational activities like kayaking. Email us TheExtremeInstinct@gmail.com if you are interested in attending as a non-participant.
What if I’m flying or driving but I don’t have any camping gear?
We have some tents ands hammocks available - first come first served basis. Other gear may also be arranged.
Are there other options if I’m not comfortable camping overnight?
Yes, there are plenty of hotel and other accommodations about 20 min. away in Port Charlotte or Punta Gorda.
I'm flying in from out of town. What about Transportation?
The nearest airport is Punta Gorda 20 mins away, 1 hour from Fort Myers, 1.15 Sarasota and 1.40 Tampa airports. All travel is on your own. It’s recommended to either rent a car or Uber or Lyft a ride.
Other Important Information:
Tips are not included in pricing but are greatly appreciated!
*We also accept partial deposits to hold your spot. Contact us at TheExtremeInstinct@gmail.com for details.*
**Military/Veteran and First Responder discount is available. Please contact us for discount code.**
Colorado Trailblazer Aug. 4-6, 2023
Tap into your inner SAVAGE! Join Matt and Brooke for this 'comfortably clothed and NOT Afraid' multi-day hands-on survival experience to explore and cultivate primitive survival skills while engaging in numerous activities in Colorado's scenic Park county Tarryall wilderness. This is structured for beginner to advanced skills training. Friday, Aug. 4 will introduce the basics of survival. Saturday and Sunday Aug. 5-6 will build upon more in-depth intermediate to advanced techniques to elevate your skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for youth and adults of all ages and skill sets to learn in a wilderness setting with accomplished instructors to become trailblazing warriors to feel more confident in taking on day hikes to backcountry wilderness adventures understanding the core fundamentals of survival and safety.
The primitive skills activities will include:
- Outdoor safety, shelter selection/building, friction fire starting and fire building (pending any fire bans in place), wilderness navigation (map reading, compass use), wildlife track identification and tracking, plant identification (basic edible and medicinal plants), water sourcing and purification, knife use, primitive traps, cordage and weaving, (making rope, knot tying), archery and atlatl target practice.
1 DAY ONLY Friday Aug. 4: $200/adult and $150/youth
3 Days/2 Overnights Camping - Friday, Aug. 4 - Sunday, Aug. 6: $590/adult and $530/youth
Price includes: meals, light snacks, potable water will be provided. You may bring your own alternatives to suit your dietary needs and back up provisions.
Arrival – before 9:00 AM (5 PM conclusion for One Day students)
(participants can arrive the night prior to tent or car camp. You will be responsible for bringing your own gear)
Wrap Up & Departure – around 1 PM
*Campsite location details, tentative schedule of activities and packing/gear list will be emailed to participants.
Please email TheExtremeInstinct@gmail.com with questions. Sign up spots are limited!
The Savage experience
*Pricing: Please contact us for pricing and availability for a private one-on-one individualized training experience.
Includes all meals, wild game feasts, a Savage mystery gift and a whole lot of epic memories!
This this customized with your goals in mind. You also have the choice to combo a half day of saltwater fishing on our boat and survival training -or- a full day of survival training mixed with hunting techniques. Various activities include: fishing , 3D target archery and atlatl on our course, animal tracking techniques, navigation, plant/shelter identification, primitive fire techniques, cordage/fish traps, and more!
Guests are welcome to build their own primitive shelter, tent or hammock camp. A guest room at our main pond lodge and bathroom is also available onsite.
Add a wild hog hunt during your stay! For those wanting to become "Meat Rich" and up their Savage "game" fully guided wild hog hunts are available (no trophy fees, field dressing, basic processing and flash freeze of meat for your transport is included). Ask us for details and price.
**Availability and scheduling please email us.***
Location of your choice - we can come to you!
Make your next adventure memorable with our expertise.
*Contact us for package pricing*
Custom tailored to fit your schedule and needs. Due to the specific nature of these events, please contact us for details to set up your destination location survival experience.
Call or text 720-313-0283 or email us for availability.
Into the woods
Go day or night
with confidence we stay to fight
we adapt to survive
for the woods shall forever keep us alive
I will not falter and I will never fail
when thrown into the worst I can only prevail
Elbert, CO | Arcadia, FL USA © COPYRIGHT 2023 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.